Is Specify Lots function broken?

Options
Gman34798
Gman34798 Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Investing (Mac)

I am trying to enter a sale of company stock. I enter the transaction and then select "Specify Lots" in the dialog. I can go and specify the lots to sell, but get an error dialog:

"Over-Assigned Shares - You have assigned more shares across all lots than are in the closing transaction. Please adjust the lot assignments to reduce the number assigned."

The problem I am having is that everything matches. If I purposefully reduce the lots to a lesser number than the transaction, I get the same message. If I deliberatly Overassign to an outrageous number, I get the same message. I have used this function in Quicken for Windows many years ago and it worked fine. This is my first attempt at using the function in Quicken for Mac and so far it's nothing but frustration.

Any advice will be welcomed and apprectiated.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

What Q product, and what BUILD of that product, are you running?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Gman34798
    Gman34798 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I am currently running Quicken Premier, Version 7.0.1 (Build 700.48728.100), Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1

System is an iMac Pro (2017) 3GHz 10-core Intel Xeon Pro, 64Gb Ram

Thanks for your time…this issue has me stumped!

• Gman34798
    Gman34798 Member ✭✭
    Options

Does this function work properly in Quicken for Windows? I'd really not have to change back over due to such a basic functionality not working properly. This should have been an obvious bug before function release.

This discussion has been closed.