Is the Emergency Records file still available?

Options
Sid Fleisher
Sid Fleisher Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I found that a useful tool for giving to people managing my estate. I made a change recently and wanted to update it to give it to them and i can't find the link. Is there any program name I can execute to get to that file?

Best Answer

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not sure about subscription versions, but with QW2017, the file EmergencyRecordsOrganizer.exe is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken folder.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• mshiggins
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not sure about subscription versions, but with QW2017, the file EmergencyRecordsOrganizer.exe is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken folder.

• mshiggins
    Options

The topic does come up here periodically - how best to set up your finances and convey necessary info to loved ones in the event something happens to you and they need to step in to manage your finances.

The Emergency Records Organizer was quite helpful in collecting the necessary info. I believe there are other such organizers available, but being able to get at least the one time sync of info from Quicken to the ERO was a plus.

• Sid Fleisher
    Sid Fleisher Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I ran emergencyrecordsorganizer.exe it asked if i wanted to add the organizer to quicken. I assented and clicked. It confirmed completion. When I opened Quicken I couldn't find what drop down menu it was attached to. If i recall it was under Help or possibly Tools.
  • Sid Fleisher
    Sid Fleisher Member ✭✭
    Options
    I finally found it under Property & Debt dropdown on the converted QDATA file I saved in 2015. It isn't under property and debt on my current QDATA. In fact there is no dropdown on my current version.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Go to View and select Classic menus

Then the ERO is under Property & Debt.

If you click on it and the ERO is not installed, it will be installed.

It is a 1-time data sync and it appears the data is global, not specific to the QDF file that is open.

QWin Premier subscription
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You ran the install on the current version? I am on R48.15 and I have it under Property & Debt. Also, are you saying there is no Property & Debt dropdown? If so, then you should go to View and select "Classic Menus" and you should see more dropdown menus.

This discussion has been closed.