QUICKEN UNABLE TO CONNECT TO CITIBANK VISA since 3/31/23

Options

Anyone else having this problem? Since 3/31 I've been unable to download anything from Citibank Visa. Have sent messages to Quicken with no resulting fix.

Comments

• jcontorno
    jcontorno Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I can't connect either (first Trying to). What I have discovered so far: 2 fact authentication must be off. Additionally: under your profile select more settings, then manage desktop apps that have access, then click the button that says add access. That will set up a timer. You need to then go back to quicken and add accounts to get access, MAYBE…

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Use Citi Cards as the bank name (financial institution name) for Citi credit card accounts and be sure to select Direct Connect as the connection protocol.

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Direct Connect? They switched to EWC+ from Direct Connect not long ago. Is Direct Connect still working with them?

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

MFA must be off for downloads to work with Citi? Geesh you would think they or Quicken would have some notice about that somewhere.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Direct Connect? They switched to EWC+ from Direct Connect not long ago. Is Direct Connect still working with them?

Direct Connect still works for Citi credit cards, but as @UKR points out you have to use the Citi Cards financial institution to get it to work. AFAIK you can't use Direct Connect for any other type of Citibank banking accounts.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• ShosMeister
    ShosMeister Member
    Options

Actually it's on Citi's side. I just followed the instructions and all is well.

• Jimal
    Jimal Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @ShosMeister said:
    > Actually it's on Citi's side. I just followed the instructions and all is well.

I don't know which side it is on, but as of this morning I was able to get it to work. My wild guess is I recently updated the password on my Citi Cards account. I randomly tried connecting my card to Quicken this morning (which I've been doing from time to time since I started getting those CC-502 errors in early December) and it worked. I did not have to do anything on the Citi website for this to happen, it just worked.

So try it again. And try updating your password. Something caused things to work again.
This discussion has been closed.