Can Home and Business be used on a MAC with Windows 365 installed?

Options
Framingthework
Framingthework Unconfirmed, Member
edited May 2023 in Before you Buy

I am starting a business with a partner and we are interested in Quicken Home and Business but I only have a MAC. My MAC does have Windows 365 installed on it. Can I use this version of Quicken on my MAC?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You can run the WIndows version of Quicken on a Mac in emulation. Bootcamp, Parallels Desktop, VMWare Fuision, and Crossover have been reported to work. I have not seen any reports of running Quicken Windows in the Cloud PC offered as part of Windows 365.

Do you already subscribe to Quicken Mac? If so, your subscription includes the Windows version at no extra change. You can download it from your account at Quicken.com, try to install it in the Cloud PC and report back if it works. If you don't already subscribe to Quicken, there is a 30 day money back guarantee if you want to give it a try.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Framingthework
    Framingthework Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Thanks…doesn't sound promising

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I don't know how the Cloud PCs work, but if you can install software with a standard installer like you can on a desktop Win machine, it should, in theory, work just fine. But that's coming from a Mac user, so take with a grain of salt.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

From what little I've read about WIndows 365 you can install apps on it, you're not stuck with just Office. So I would assume Quicken could be installed.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.