Wells Fargo: Duplicate Multi-Factor Authentication

Options

Suddenly Quicken is asking me to perform TWO multi-factor authentications when I attempt to do a web connect. I have not added or modified my accounts at Wells Fargo. I use Windows (up to date; Win10 Pro) and my Quicken appears to be up to date (Version R48.18, Build 27.1.48.18). This has been happening for several months with every download from Wells Fargo. I saw a Help Article about how to fix this problem, but it was for a MAC computer, not Windows. I do not have any hidden accounts that are causing two multi-factor requests. The screenshot is what appears TWICE. It asks me once, I enter the PIN from Wells Fargo, then it displays the same screen again. I enter the new PIN from WF and then it downloads my data from my three accounts at WF.

Comments

• Larry1212
    Larry1212 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Screen Shot attached.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Larry1212,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. With Express Web Connect, most financial institutions will ping for a code when you are adding, resetting, or reconnecting an account, and some will ping twice during those processes (once to get permission to see what accounts are available to connect and again to download transactions from the selected account(s)). What process are you using when updating your accounts?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.