Shares Transferred Between Accounts error "Pls enter existing acct name"

In the Shares Transferred Between Account dialogue… Securities are selected, target account selected from the drop-down. Dialogue box error: "Please enter an existing account name." Same error if Target Account is: a) selected from drop-down, b) partially hand-typed with autofill completing the field, and c) completely hand-typed into the field.

All placeholder entries have been resolved in both sending and receiving accounts.

Any suggestions?

Primarily I want Target Account to have securities' complete lot histories. If 'Shares Transferred' dialog is non-functional, is there another way to migrate histories?

Quicken Windows Version R48.15

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You could try Move Transactions from the sending account's gear menu. I don't know why Shares Transferred isn't working for you. Move Transactions preserves more detail than Shares Transferred, so it will be up to you to decide which you like better.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd try a File Validate and Repair.

I checked if sending to a SMF account might generate that message. It did not (though it did seem to show a different problem).

Perhaps if you shared a screen shot of the Shares Transferred window with the error prompt, we might see some other underlying issue.

This discussion has been closed.