Problem with splits window when writing checks?

Options

Each time I try to open the splits window in a check, the "new category" window opens instead. I have to cancel that, then click on "splits" again in order to get to the splits window. I have validated and repaired the file; however the problem persists. Any ideas on how to get rid of this annoying issue?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

I assume you are writing about the "Write Checks" dialog window.
    In my R 49.22 I am unable to reproduce the error.
    After opening the "Write Checks" window, clicking the "Splits" button (double-headed arrow) brings up the proper Split Transaction window.
    Clicking the down-arrow button at the right end of the Category line brings up the Category selection list view.

More details, please. An image snapshot of what you're seeing might be helpful.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can't reproduce this as described, but I can reproduce it another way.

1. Open the Write Checks dialog.
    2. Press Ctrl-S for Split instead of clicking the 2-headed arrow.
    3. The Split window opens, but the Category List also appears, with New Category at the bottom.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.