error code CC-800

I have 3 accounts that have been coming back with CC-800 error code for months now ….. I found a Quicken article that says to deactivate them, then reactivate them “add to existing account” which I’ve done multiple times in the past few days, logged out, logged back in ….. each time I do the “update accounts” I still get the same error message for each of them though

Best Answer

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hello @Motown@879

Hopefully others have an easier way of handing the CC-800 error and will chime in; until then, this is how I resolve them since I experience it after restoring from a backup:

1- Always create a backup
    2- Deactivate EVERY account associated with that Financial Institution (FI) that you get the error. i.e. If you have three accounts with Bank-A but only one of them gives you the error, deactivate all three.
    3- Perform a One Step Update (OSU).
    4- Next is to be patient for a few days (min 3 business days for me). Do not reactivate them for a few days, but it is important to perform OSU daily or more frequently. This will eventually propagate thru and sync up all Quicken (and aggregator) systems that you have indeed deactivated that FI.

*(See the notes below just before doing the next step)
    5- Time to Reactivate: After a few days do another OSU. Then Use the Tools menu > Add Account function (instead of the "Set up Now" button within the account) and choose the drop down option to "Link" them to the existing ones accordingly.

I have had 100% success rate with this approach and hopefully it will work for you as well.

NOTE-1: Though it was supposedly fixed, still to this day Quicken continues to sporadically change the value of the opening balance of an account after reactivating it. Therefore, write down the opening balance of your accounts and check them after you reactivate, and correct if needed. Better yet, write down the correct opening balances in the memo field of every account you have.

NOTE-2: Typically, when you reactivate an account, the FI may download duplicate transactions. This is one way to manage that:
    Prior to the last step of reactivating the accounts, go to the Edit menu > Preferences > Downloaded transactions > After downloading transactions: uncheck the proper check boxes. Doing so, it will allow you to review and identify any duplicate transactions and delete them BEFORE going into the register. Once all done, you can re-enable the appropriate check boxes.

Final thought: If you have Sync enabled in Preferences > Mobile & Web, that creates additional challenge to resolve the issue.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Answers

• Motown@879
    Motown@879 Member

I have Quicken Deluxe 2017 and I have the latest update

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

Hello @Motown@879

Hopefully others have an easier way of handing the CC-800 error and will chime in; until then, this is how I resolve them since I experience it after restoring from a backup:

1- Always create a backup
    2- Deactivate EVERY account associated with that Financial Institution (FI) that you get the error. i.e. If you have three accounts with Bank-A but only one of them gives you the error, deactivate all three.
    3- Perform a One Step Update (OSU).
    4- Next is to be patient for a few days (min 3 business days for me). Do not reactivate them for a few days, but it is important to perform OSU daily or more frequently. This will eventually propagate thru and sync up all Quicken (and aggregator) systems that you have indeed deactivated that FI.

*(See the notes below just before doing the next step)
    5- Time to Reactivate: After a few days do another OSU. Then Use the Tools menu > Add Account function (instead of the "Set up Now" button within the account) and choose the drop down option to "Link" them to the existing ones accordingly.

I have had 100% success rate with this approach and hopefully it will work for you as well.

NOTE-1: Though it was supposedly fixed, still to this day Quicken continues to sporadically change the value of the opening balance of an account after reactivating it. Therefore, write down the opening balance of your accounts and check them after you reactivate, and correct if needed. Better yet, write down the correct opening balances in the memo field of every account you have.

NOTE-2: Typically, when you reactivate an account, the FI may download duplicate transactions. This is one way to manage that:
    Prior to the last step of reactivating the accounts, go to the Edit menu > Preferences > Downloaded transactions > After downloading transactions: uncheck the proper check boxes. Doing so, it will allow you to review and identify any duplicate transactions and delete them BEFORE going into the register. Once all done, you can re-enable the appropriate check boxes.

Final thought: If you have Sync enabled in Preferences > Mobile & Web, that creates additional challenge to resolve the issue.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Motown@879
    Motown@879 Member

thank you! will try this for sure!

• ldonahue
    ldonahue Member

I have had this same problem for months now. None of the recommended fixes have worked. I am ready to cancel my Quicken subsription as it is useless without the one step update. I have spent hours trying to resolve this with no success. Any advice would be appreciated. I would urge anyone considering Quicken to look at other products. Quicken is no longer a viable banking solution.

This discussion has been closed.