Quicken for Windows is like playing Whack-a-Mole?

I am trying to run reports for taxes on a prior year…for some odd reason, Quicken insists on parsing a downloaded expense as a deposit, then when I try to correct it and add a monthly transaction it missed for this health insurance vendor, it loses other monthly transactions and resets the debit to a credit. This feels like playing a game of whack-a-mole! Everytime I try to manually fix something that Quicken fouls up, it automatically creates another problem. It does not seem to have an override button for inaccurate transactions.

Anyone thinking about buying a subscription, I recommend you think twice about it and try to find more reliable and intuitive home finance software. I used this for decades, and it is now an unusable program that seems to put little emphasis on useability. Beware. It is extremely frustrating to use, inaccurate, and does not have any live service or chat when busy professionals have time to spend on personal finance and need it most, on weekends. As a time-waster, it excels.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you want help with your Quicken issue or are you just here to lodge a complaint?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.