Amortization schedule quit working

Options
Didi Sugandi
Didi Sugandi Member ✭✭
I'm running Quicken version R49.22 Build 27.1.49.22 on Windows 11 Home. I just noticed that my mortgage account (not linked to the lender) was working perfectly until May 2022. For the last year, instead of adjusting according to the amortization schedule, the principal and interest are shown as exactly the same. Now the mortgage balance shown on Quicken is more than a $1000 more than my actual balance. My Quicken account renews each May. Also, in May 2022 I changed the bank from which my loan is being paid. But I can't see why that would have disabled the amortization calculator. Any suggestions?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just wondering … how are you recording the monthly loan payment?
    Are you using the Scheduled Reminder generated by the Loan Setup Process and recording it before you download transactions for your checking account? Or are you relying on the downloaded transaction to create a new register transaction, based on information stored for this payee name in the Memorized Payee List?

You should be using the Scheduled Reminder every month. This transaction's Split Transaction Detail has the scheduled amounts of principal and interest and needs to look like this, with the Split lines in the order shown:

Recommend you edit the incorrect transactions and change the amounts to match the amounts shown on your monthly loan statements.
    Once corrected, future payments using the Scheduled Reminder should have the correct monthly amounts and your running loan balance should match the loan statements.

This discussion has been closed.