Strange bug eliminated Transfer entries after editing report (Q Mac)

Options
Stephen Fisher
Stephen Fisher Member ✭✭✭

I ran a report in Investments to see my income for last year, ie interest and dividends. The report at first included transfers, which of course is not income. So I Edited the report to exclude transfers. Instead of just excluding the transfers from the Report, it actually erased them from the data. In some accounts just the transfer was missing, the numbers were still there with no category. But in two others the entry had disappeared entirely from the data. I think this is a serious bug.

How can I report it without suffering long wait times etc. ?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

What version of Quicken are you running? Exactly which report did you generate? Can you post screenshots of the report customization?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Stephen Fisher
    Stephen Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It's the Mac subscription. Always up-to-date.

It was a category report limited to income from investment accounts. I cannot find the exact customization now. For some reason it's not in the history. But it may be pertinent that the transfers in question were to a "separate" account. [there are some capital gains that you have to report for tax purposes but which never hit the account as cash (REITs, some Index funds) so I back the gain off to a journal entry account which is "separate" so that the investment account cash continues to balance].

Anyway, it only affected 4 transactions and I was eventually able to locate and fix them. So I don't want to lose a lot more time on this. But I did want to report it.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If you were using the "Category Summary" report from the Other Reports group, that report is being deprecated and is only included for legacy reasons. It is known to have errors and should not be used. The icon for this report is gray boxes with no letter.

If you were using a Transactions Report (eg. Transactions by Category) (one with a blue icon with a "T"), then you should check the customization, then you should check the report customization (Edit Report), in the Advanced tab, to see how it is set up for inclusion/exclusion of Transfers.

If you can reproduce this problem (and it's not the legacy Category Summary report), you can report it by clicking menu Help > Report a Problem. But this is a one way street. You will not get any feedback or acknowledgment The only other way to communicate this to Quicken is through Quicken Support.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.