Unable to "link to existing account" (Q Win Canada)

Options
CertKen
CertKen Member

I have several accounts, some in USD, some in CAD. I am attempting to set up online services for an established account which uses CAD in Quicken. When I enter my account details it finds my accounts with the institution (all in CAD), but the "link to existing account" only lists my USD accounts to connect to; I am unable to link to any of my CAD accounts.

As a note I am able to create a new account with this process, and it does get set up as a CAD account as expected. Why can I not link to my existing CAD account(s)?

Help?

Answers

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@CertKen For this issue, I'd recommend contacting Quicken Support. There are a number of things to check and to write it all out with all of the if-then's would be rather lengthy. It is also something that Quicken Support should be able to help you resolve.

A second option is to create a new account in Quicken using the process you have confirmed works and then use the move transaction feature to move all the transactions from the old Quicken account to the new Quicken account. If you take this approach, I highly recommend that you make a backup first. I've used this approach successfully, but the Move transaction function is not 100% reliable. I've had cases where it has crashed part way through and I've had to run a second or third bulk move. Eventually, I got all the transactions moved successfully, but it took a number of careful steps.

Again, my first recommendation is to contact Quicken Support. They should be able to guide you through this issue. Please do post a follow up here regardless.

This discussion has been closed.