Recurring Monthly Transactions

Options
Bicester
Bicester Member

I have been using Quicken for years. I am very comfortable with using and updating my register for all my personal accounts. I finally decided to look into making my monthly entries a little easier and, apparently, one "simple" little thing is either not understood by the Support agent or/and I have to upgrade to Premier from Deluxe. Sounds like a marketing ploy.
I like to enter into my register, every recurring transaction for the month (water, electric, tithe, mortgage, paycheck, etc). I then can see how much money I need to make sure is in my account to pay an upcoming bill that I have already entered. What I want to know, and do, is to type in an entry into my register and be able to select certain settings for that entry to have Quicken automatically insert (enter) that same entry into the register for that specific day, every month, through a specific time frame (i.e. the end of 2023). That way I only have to type an entry for my Mortgage, paying a specific amount, on a specific day, and hit enter and that same transaction will appear in my register for that day (i.e. 15th) for every month, for the rest of 2023. Why is that so difficult to do? Right now, I have to type a new entry repeating all the information for every month through the end of the year. (very time consuming). I was told to do this (I wonder), I would have to upgrade my subscription to the Premier. I do not want to pay nearly $30 more for features I would never use (other than the convenience of having one entry repeated for every month in my register). This seems so simple........ Does anyone have a fix for this?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If I understand your post, this feature exists. Set up your recurring transactions as Reminders in Quicken. Then, in your checking register, click the little clock icon at the upper right and choose the period you want those reminders to display in the register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If I understand your post, this feature exists. Set up your recurring transactions as Reminders in Quicken. Then, in your checking register, click the little clock icon at the upper right and choose the period you want those reminders to display in the register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Bicester
    Bicester Member
    Options

I will try your suggestion! Thank you very much!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Making any progress setting up and using your Scheduled Reminders? Let us know if you need any more help.

BTW, there's a Projected Balances view under the Bills & Income tab. Using the Reminders you already entered it can show you how your accounts' balances will perform for 30, 60, etc. days into the future.

This discussion has been closed.