Not All Automatic Deductions Are Downloading

Options

I an a Schools First customer. I've discovered that not all of the Bill Pay Automatic Entries are downloading onto my account. Today, when I tried to balance my account, I had a $300 error. I discovered that a $300 Bill Pay Transaction had not downloaded onto my Quicken Register although other Bill Pay transactions did download. Any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you automatically accepting downloaded transactions into your registers?
    If so, I recommend you turn off the "automatically accept downloaded transactions into registers" setting to gain better control over what is downloaded and what to do with it.
    It's quite possible that Quicken mismatched the downloaded transaction to a prior transaction of the same amount instead of creating a new register transaction … that makes it appear as if the "transaction did not download" …

Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?
    There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
    - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
    - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.

This discussion has been closed.