SWVXX - Got it to Work

Options
Paddy
Paddy Member ✭✭
I called Schwab and he told me to get a tier 2 support person from Quicken to help me with the SWVXX showing up as cash and not shares. One Schwab account works normally, the other does not in my active file.

Before I called, I created a new file with only the account I was having trouble with, as I didn't want to mess with my existing file and I don't like sharing information about my accounts with Quicken.

So I called in and was on with a tier 1 support person who talked me around and around in circles. I got pretty frustrated because he would not let me talk to a tier 2. He cornered me on something I said that it works in my other file with one account and not in another so he said use that file. It was frustrating.

But I followed his instructions to deactivate and reactivate the account. Unfortunately, it did not fix the issue in that file as it only downloaded 15 days worth of transactions for some reason. So we were done and he was done with me because I was pretty frustrated. I disconnected my screensharing session.

I decided while still on the call to make a backup and went into my existing file and deactivated and reactivated my account and I got a screen pop that said would you like to treat SWVXX as cash (recommended) or as shares. I picked shares and got a placeholder for SWVXX and I was able to go in and fix all the missing information and now I have the right number of shares for SWVXX.
This discussion has been closed.