Exiting Quicken should create Backup file - instead it creates a CopyFile ? (edit)

Options

When I back up my Quicken file at closing, it backs up as "CopyFile..." Should I be backing it up as some other name? Does it matter just as long as I know what my latest backup is?

Tagged:

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What version are you on? It should backup with the same file name and .qdf-backup as the extension. Is your data file named as CopyFile?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When I back up my Quicken file at closing, it backs up as "CopyFile..."

What version …. Help —> About Quicken

Are you manually doing this with the Quicken command …. File —> Copy or Backup —> (x) Create Complete Backup
    OR…. are you selecting the —> (x) Create a Copy or Template ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• alohafrilovesSMG
    alohafrilovesSMG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

I have version R49.29 for Windows 11.

I'm just xing out of the program and it has me save it. It saves it as a Copyfile.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

What is the full filename of that file ?

When exiting - Quicken will create an Auto Backup file, based upon your Quicken Preferences,
    and/or it will also prompt you to create a manual backup file and display the File Backup menu -

Even when Quicken creates a "copy" via the —> File —> Copy or Backup —> it does not create that 'CopyFile" naming syntax

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Quicken-Files\QDATA-z8a.QDF
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Quicken-Files\BACKUP2x\QDATA-z8a-2023-05-05.AM11.12.QDF-backup
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Quicken-Files\QDATA-z8aCpy.QDF

Are you running any cloud backup services - DropBox, OneDrive, etc

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.