Quicken Mac Bill Pay connections Gets RESET - Please FIX This

Options

Why do you reset the Quicken Bill Pay if a file use used by a different computer.

Setup: 2 Mac Book Pros. (Work & Home) Quicken Data is stored in iCloud.

I setup Bill Pay on my Checking accounts. it works as expected. Use it from only 1 computer it works as expected - If I try to use from the 2nd computer (with the 1st Computer not connected) it wipes the Bill Pay info and I an forced to setup again.

I expect you will say for security purposes but Frankly this is just a bad design. I can't be the only person that wants to access my iCloud Data from multiple locations and computers.

Please FIX This

Tagged:

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It sounds like you are storing your data file in iCloud and accessing it from both computers. Quicken Mac is not designed to work this way. It is fairly likely that this will eventually lead to corruption of your file in such a way that you cannot access it at all.

The workaround is to store a backup of your file in iCloud and open (restore) it each time you want to work on it. You can have the backup stored in iCloud automatically in the Settings. Then instead of opening your file, or just launching Quicken, you double click the most recent .quickenbackup file and proceed with the restore. It does add some time to the launching process but it prevents the crosstalk between files on the two computers.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • SPBlythe
    SPBlythe Member
    Options

Quicken Support asked if I was using this method as it also resets the Bill Pay data. So the Backup / Restore will not work either.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I think they are wrong about that.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.