downloads are not working for any accounts (edit)

ABCDE
ABCDE Member

Basically every download service which has worked automatically for a decade now does not work and cannot be reset. Is this what to expect going forward? I see dozens of questions asked and no resolution for the last 60 days or so. (been using Quicken since as long as I can remember my transactions go back to at least 1996.)

Answers

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭

All of my downloads (Express Web Connect +, Direct Connect, 16 different connections) are working fine in version R49.29. How often do you verify and then backup your data file(s)?

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ABCDE - can you please be more specific? which FIs are giving you trouble? have you called Support? what version of WINDOWS are you running?

• ABCDE
    ABCDE Member

Windows 11 R49.29 Build 27.1.49.29.

USAA, NFCU, 1stCmd, Fidelity, Weathscape Investor, Citi, 20 different accounts all of which seemed to work fine 8 weeks ago.

Complete backup regularly at least once/2 wks I'd say.

I've looked at the growing list of questions here, have not had what I presume to be a large block of time to spend on the phone with support, but I sense the frustration of those that have and have been waiting for a comprehensive technical solution.

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭

Backup is not the same as verifying the integrity of the data file. When did you last verify your file?

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@abcde - log out and log back into your account - that may be a simple solution (Support will make you do this anyway).

Edit>preferences>Quicken ID and cloud accounts.

click the 'sign in as a different user" link and then type "yes" to log out.

then follow the same procedure as above and log back in.

run OSU - does that solve any of the issues?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had no problems downloading from Fidelity. Can't speak to the others … but your issue would seem to be specific to you and not Q generally.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ABCDE
    ABCDE Member

Have 2 Fidelity accounts and did discover/rediscover 1 works, other doesn't. No luck with banking, or other investments. Validated file. Wild hair and uninstalled and reinstalled tonight- same story.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

what was the result of the VALIDATE

For One Step Update - any errors, or it just runs, no errors, but no transactions downloaded either -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ABCDE
    ABCDE Member

For one Fidelity account-when run in isolation- works fine.

For others- starts with update screen, at "waiting…" blue circle of death. Just stops eventually have to end task and restart Quicken.

Have "authorized USAA" a good couple of dozen times as I've purged passwords, deactivated downloads (during which it "blue circle of deaths" and need to end task/restart), etc based on other support threads recommendations.

Again, not a single problem until this spring, been downloading through multiple updates and mode/system changes (Web Connect etc) without a problem for as long as downloading has been a thing.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

For others- starts with update screen, at "waiting…" blue circle of death. Just stops eventually have to end task and restart Quicken.

How long do you wait before you kill Quicken?
    If Quicken is "waiting …" during the bank transaction download phase, try waiting at least 30 minutes. At that time, if Quicken is waiting for network traffic data packets that have gotten lost, it should timeout by itself and finish OSU, giving you an error message about which bank it is having problems with.
    "Waiting …" while syncing to the Quicken cloud server … that would be a different can of worms.

Important that you have performed both requested tasks: Sign in as a different user and Validate File.

• ABCDE
    ABCDE Member

Let it hang up for ~45 minutes the last time before force shutting down. Have shut down all Quicken Mobile and Web, of course as I shut those down I had to force restart the program. If I log out/log in, I can effect a download of my primary banking account (USAA) after again reauthorizing. But any subsequent attempt gets hung up.

• ABCDE
    ABCDE Member

Oh, spoke too soon. Realized that in downloading I got the "duplicate transaction" feature that others have threads on this board about. So when I realized that a number of my accounts were inaccurate I restored from last nights backup.

This discussion has been closed.