I need to pull my electric bills from past into a spreadsheet.

Options
David Christopher
David Christopher Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Reports (Windows)

How do I accomplish this? I can search my register for “Utilities:Electric” and they all are listed. Can not copy the register and past into a spreadsheet which is very inconvient.

thank you

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

One thing you can do is run an "Easy Answer" report of "How much did I spend on…" and select your “Utilities:Electric” category. You can run it for any period you need. When it runs it will show a summary but you can click on the button "Update to show" and select "transaction detail" if that is what you need. You can then export this to a spreadsheet.

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

One thing you can do is run an "Easy Answer" report of "How much did I spend on…" and select your “Utilities:Electric” category. You can run it for any period you need. When it runs it will show a summary but you can click on the button "Update to show" and select "transaction detail" if that is what you need. You can then export this to a spreadsheet.

• David Christopher
    Options

OK, where o I find this, “Easy Answer”? (Been a long time since I was active here. Thought you were a MAC OS expert.)

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agree with @bmciance. FWIW, I find the copy to clipboard (or CTL-C) available on reports is a really great way to paste directly into an excel worksheet.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is under the Reports menu.

Ah, David…now that I look at the name I remember you from a while ago! No, I have never used Quicken on a MAC.

• David Christopher
    Options

Oh! I Googled how to find Easy Answer. Will give it a try in AM. Thank you.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My utility (PG&E in CA) provides usage+cost spreadsheets in CSV format going back 3 years for both gas and electricity.

In my case, these are easier to read than my Quicken data. Years ago, I got a bit OCD about splitting those transactions to show both procurement cost and delivery cost, making my reports actually harder to read. 🤥 I was trying to track whether procuring gas & electric from 3rd party suppliers cost more or less than buying it all from PG&E. Did I ever actually follow through and figure that out? Nah.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• David Christopher
    Options

I have a co op electric company. I just wanted to have a spread sheet that shows how much I have paid each month for past two years each month. My wife died 2 yrs ago today, and her income went away. Now I am hop scotching around guessing about whether I have enough income to pay my bills. I do, but all my cash savings is in a brokerage account. I sold all my investments and am all cash while we wait for the government to decide to raise the debt limit. If they do not for a while, I need my savings to live from until they get it settled. So, I know which bills to get suspended like internet and satellite TV and others I can live without. Just need to know if I should raise my thermostat up.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

David, sorry to hear about your wife. Anniversaries of loved ones’ deaths are always hard days.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.