Quicken for Mac 7.0.3 downloads, but won't install

Options
Kino
Kino Member ✭✭
I get the popup about 7.0.3 being available and click "Update." The update downloads, I click "Install" and Quicken backs up then restarts. All as it's done with previous updates.

However, when Quicken is running again, the "7.0.3 available - you have 7.0.2" popup immediately comes back up. I've tried the update many times, even doing it up to three times in a row. Still no workee.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2023
    Options

I haven't had this occur; version 7.0.3 installed as expected. But you can try this:

• Move the Quicken.app file in your Applications folder to your desktop
    • Download Quicken for Mac, and click to install

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Kino
    Kino Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Jacobs! I've been searching, but I'm coming up empty - does anyone have a link for a QfMac Version 7 download?
  • Kino
    Kino Member ✭✭
    Options
    To clarify, I couldn't find a link on quicken.com specifically for Version 7. I downloaded what I did find and was hesitant to install it for fear that it would lock me into the newer Version 8. Yes, I know V7 is about to be orphaned/crippled, I've just been dragging my feet to make the move to V8.
  • Kino
    Kino Member ✭✭
    Options
    Kinda solved it by accident. I had moved the app out of the Applications folder before finding the V7 installer download, so I move the app back into the App folder. When I reopened Quicken, the 7.0.3 update popup came up and this time it worked as usual.

Who'd'a thunk it?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I downloaded what I did find and was hesitant to install it for fear that it would lock me into the newer Version 8. Yes, I know V7 is about to be orphaned/crippled, I've just been dragging my feet to make the move to V8.

I'm glad you got it to install, because I don't know what you're referring to here. Version 7.0.3 is the latest version. Version 7 is not about to be crippled or orphaned. And there is no such thing as a version 8.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Kino
    Kino Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's hell getting old. You are of course right, Jacobs. I was conflating Quicken with another app's desktop-to-subscription transition. Thank you again for your assistance.

Cheers!
  • rachelgomez
    rachelgomez Member ✭✭
    Options
    You are experiencing an issue where the Quicken 7.0.3 update keeps appearing even after successfully installing it. This problem persists despite attempting the update multiple times. You are wondering if others have encountered a similar issue.

Regards,
    Rachel Gomez
This discussion has been closed.