Password problems.

Options
jbudney
jbudney Unconfirmed, Member

When I started Quicken today, it requested a password - first time ever it did that. I couldn't remember it so I clicked on the "forgot password" link. The link was inactive - would not work. Any help appreciated. Can't live without my budget for long. Thanks.

P.S. I tried restoring recent backup, but that also asked for the password - same problem.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did it show your Quicken ID (your email address) and asked you to enter the PW for it? If so, Quicken was asking you to sign in to the software. Quicken will do this from time-to-time for security reasons.

The PW to use is the same PW that you use to log into your online Quicken.com account so enter that. If you do not remember your Quicken PW and since the "forgot PW" link in Quicken is not working for you: Go to Quicken.com, click on Sign In and there will be a link you can click on if you forgot your PW.

Let me know if this helped you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• leslielb808
    leslielb808 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just updated my Quicken on my imac and now my password is not being recognized. Thoughts?

• leslielb808
    leslielb808 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ignore! Rebooted computer and now it works!!!

• BarbS
    BarbS Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm getting asked for my password every time I start Quicken (Windows 11) This just started in the past few days. Very annoying!

This discussion has been closed.