Schwab download problems with 2 user ID's

Options
desplin
desplin Member ✭✭
I have 6 Schwab accounts that have been syncing to quicken. 5 accounts are under 1 user ID at schwab and 1 is under a different user ID. Recently not all accounts can update. When I reset the accounts, I authorize the 5 under the first ID and they work fine. When I then use the 2nd id to authorize the other account, It tells me that it can't find the first 5 accounts anymore. The same thing happens when I then use the 1st ID to reauthorize the first 5 accounts. It then tells me that it can't find the other account. I can't figure out how to get all 6 accounts syncing again.

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2023
    Options

I'm wondering if perhaps each of your Schwab user id's has read-only/shared access to the accounts held by the other user-id? Such accounts will show up as available to download… in which case you could just authorize all of them under a single ID. But, otherwise, when you go through the authorization checkbox list, just uncheck all but the accounts that should be downloaded for each schwab user-id.

Try this to check things:

Log into each of the two Schwab online accounts… then, for each, click on the round person icon just to the left of 'Log Out' at the top of the Schwab web page and click "Security Settings" from the pop-up menu.

Scroll down to the section "Third-Party Access to Account Information" and click the triangle in front of Quicken to expand it. You should see a list of not only the accounts that belong to that user-id, but any additional accounts from other user-ids that have been shared with this user. Make sure that only the accounts that you want Quicken to download for this Schwab user-id/login are checked.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• desplin
    desplin Member ✭✭
    Options
    The point is that I didn't need to share information between the two accounts before. This problem just started a few weeks ago. I think it is related to the new download protocol. I can envision many scenarios that I wouldn't want to grant 3rd person access between accounts and still want them in my quicken file.

That said, I did use the workaround you suggested and appear to be able to download all my accounts--but only because they are all available under 1 user ID.
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2023
    Options

Sorry if I was not clear, but glad to hear you got it working!!

(I wasn't suggesting at all that you HAD to share anything between the two user ids. Only that if you HAD shared, and had enabled that account for Quicken under both user ids, that could be part of the issue. My wife's 2 and my 4 accounts are under two separate user id's and we have no problem with all of them being linked to the corresponding accounts in Quicken.)

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• desplin
    desplin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad it is working for me too. I'm still confused about why trying to use a second user id now disables the first id--but i'll keep on with the new setup.
This discussion has been closed.