Transaction Download from Empower Retirement to Quicken for Windows

EKH
EKH Member ✭✭
I have a Prudential IRA through Prudential Retirement that has been bought by Empower Retirement in 2022. I would like to setup a new account to download transactions & pricing from this Prudential IRA. I setup the account using the financial institution Prudential Retirement, but it errors when I try to do the One Step Update. I looked and there is no Empower Retirement financial institution only Empower FCU (which doesn't work). Does anyone have any suggestions to get this to work on the One Step Update for this account??

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

You'll have to go directly to the Empower website and download a file of the transactions. Empower doesn't accomodate usage of 'one step update'. Once you download the file, simply double click it and it will load into Quicken.

look under 'transaction history' and there should be a small Quicken logo in the upper right hand corner of the page.

• EKH
    EKH Member ✭✭
    just tried. Got an Access Forbidden! Error 403 www3.prudential.com
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

are you on the correct website? where do you otherwise review your Empower transactions and history for your IRA?

• EKH
    EKH Member ✭✭
    Through Prudential Retirement on Prudential.com. Empower Retirement took over Prudential Retirement the end of last year. There is a financial institution selection in Quicken for Prudential Retirement, but not for Empower Retirement. When you select Prudential Retirement and add the credentials it accepts it, but errors when doing the One Step updating.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

suggest calling Empower (or PRudential). Is it possible that the while Empower took over at the end of last year, the technology has yet to be intergrated? I could understand that going to the Pru website via quicken wouldn't work (because Empower took over). And in any event, there is no way to use OSU for Empower; their technology doesn't work that way. (I download from Empower as my 401k is there).

This discussion has been closed.