I Cannot Create a New Account

I am unable to create a new account. The message that appears after a short delay is "Quicken could not complete your request. Please try again later." The initial window to create an account never appears. I have run Validate and Repair File and have restarted my computer - suggestions that I saw in discussions of this problem. The problem persists. I found a Community discussion that took place from last November through January which was closed without any resolution at:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7924235/cannot-open-new-account/p1

It boggles my mind that a problem as basic as this could exist for more than six months! Here is my Quicken version info:

Version: R49.29
Build: 27.1.49.29
Windows 10 Home

My annual subscription just renewed on April 15.

Help! I depend on Quicken greatly for my financial records!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim in Arizona
    Jim in Arizona Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I think I may owe Quicken an apology. I decided to log out of my account and back in, as had been suggested in a discussion somewhere. In the process, a window popped up from Windows Defender (I think) saying it was trying to protect my home network by blocking certain activity. Once I told it not to block and logged in, I see the account creation window in Quicken. I haven't finished creating my new account yet, but I expect it to work.

Answers

• Jim in Arizona
    Jim in Arizona Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I think I may owe Quicken an apology. I decided to log out of my account and back in, as had been suggested in a discussion somewhere. In the process, a window popped up from Windows Defender (I think) saying it was trying to protect my home network by blocking certain activity. Once I told it not to block and logged in, I see the account creation window in Quicken. I haven't finished creating my new account yet, but I expect it to work.
  • Jim in Arizona
    Jim in Arizona Member ✭✭
    Final comment: New account has been created and is working fine.
  • I am also experiencing the same issue. I cannot add an account. The screen blinks once when I click on 'add account' but nothing else happens. I have restated, logged out and in to my Quicken account, paid my subscription renewal - nothing seems to change that I cannot add an account. Please help ASAP.

• Jim in Arizona
    Jim in Arizona Member ✭✭
    John, did you read my posts above? My experience was that Quicken was not the cause of the problem.
  • I have done everything to correct the issue, logged out and in gain to my Quicken ID, validated & repaired my file, allowed access when Microsoft defender popped up while I was in Quicken help, restarted my PC and Quicken multiple time. I now get the message "Quicken could not complete the request. Please try again later".

What account did you log out and into again?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in

This discussion has been closed.