I can no longer close a dialog with the Return key

Options
Oleg S
Oleg S Member

There's a dialog when you start reconciling your account where you specify the the statement date, balance, etc.

I used to type the values and close it only using the keyboard.

A couple of years ago that stopped working, and I have to use the mouse instead.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Oleg S - There are Quicken employees of various functions that do stroll through this forum. You can always identify who the Quicken employees are because their usernames in this forum begin with "Quicken".

The most common Quicken employees to participate in Community are the Moderators. They do report issues and bugs that are identified and will post suggestions and troubleshooting assistance.

Another good way to report issues/bugs is via Phone or Chat: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Perhaps the best way to report a bug, though, is via Help > Report a Problem. Issues/bugs reported here go directly to the development team (or so I am told).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Go to Edit > Preferences > Data entry and QuickFill: Under Data Entry, is the box for Use enter key to move between fields checked?

If not, you might want to try checking that box and see if it will do what you want to see happen.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree this is a user interface bug. But there's a keyboard workaround.

After typing in the ending balance, you can press TAB a couple of times to move focus to the OK button. Notice the faint dotted line around the word OK. Then press Enter (or even Space) to apply the dialog.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Oleg S
    Oleg S Member
    Options

Boatnmaniac, Rocket J Squirrel, thank you, I'll give these workarounds a try next time I do balance.

Do you know if the Quicken developers watch this forum or have a different way to report bugs?

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Oleg S - There are Quicken employees of various functions that do stroll through this forum. You can always identify who the Quicken employees are because their usernames in this forum begin with "Quicken".

The most common Quicken employees to participate in Community are the Moderators. They do report issues and bugs that are identified and will post suggestions and troubleshooting assistance.

Another good way to report issues/bugs is via Phone or Chat: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Perhaps the best way to report a bug, though, is via Help > Report a Problem. Issues/bugs reported here go directly to the development team (or so I am told).

• Oleg S
    Oleg S Member
    Options

Thank you, Boatnmaniac!

This discussion has been closed.