Quick Pay is not working for my Verizon Bill

I get the error message that Quicken is not connecting to the biller-Verizon. I have updated my Verizon password and can access my Verizon account with my phone number and password-the same information I put into the biller info for Quicken.
I have deleted and reinstalled Verizon as a biller in Quicken to be sure the account and password are the same.
When I click the "Fix it" button with Quicken, I get the message "Your Verizon account needs to provide some additional details so we can continue to sync your account". When I select "Fix It" Quicken takes me to the screen to enter my log in (cell phone number) and password. I do that and it spools for a long time-"authentication in progress" then the window that says "Quicken is still connecting to your biller. Allow 1-2 days for this process to complete"
It appears to never connect-the "Fix It" icon is always there and when I click it, the process just starts again. Verizon says it is Quicken's system that will not connect and Quicken says it is Verizon that has the problem.

Any assistance would be really, really appreciated!!!

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If your bank (the one that runs your checking account) recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

You have these alternatives (in no particular order of preference):

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least 3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing. Note: limited number of free transactions per month.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments to be executed by the bank from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat both actions every time another payment is due.
    3. Bypass Bill Manager. Let the biller's computer system do all the work for you. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken, every month, record a regular Scheduled Reminder to keep track of your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and bank download capabilities were even introduced. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

This discussion has been closed.