quicken to quickbooks - need to create a CSV file

Options

How do I export quicken data in a format that can be imported into quickbooks? the documentation here says go to file - export and export in the csv format, but the only options are QIF and QFX.

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this the FAQ you saw? Convert Quicken to QuickBooks 

https://www.quicken.com/support/convert-quicken-windows-data-quickbooks-data

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think the Export to Excel is actually the CSV plain text file … will confirm on laptop in morning

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-export-data-quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• sporter6226
    sporter6226 Member
    Options

volvogirl, yes that is the link i was referring to, PS56k2 I don't see an option to export to excel. Now I believe that you may have some of these options if you create a report and then export the report but then I don't know what attributes to create in the report to export that quickbooks would recognize…..i know these are separate companies now but I was hoping there would be some coordination….i'm being forced to go to quickbooks because of NYS requirements on non-profits of a certain size…..

• sporter6226
    sporter6226 Member
    Options

Hi, I'm going to the online version not the desktop version of quickbooks

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There are links to Quickbooks Online on the webpage I gave you. Did you miss them?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some of these articles mention Export to CSV - but I don't see anything in Quicken that Exports directly to CSV.

I just tried with a full Register - click on the right corner Gear -
    and it can Export to Excel (XLSX) format….. which you could play with to get CSV -
    The same with a Report - can Export … but not to CSV -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• sporter6226
    sporter6226 Member
    Options

UKR, yes I have been to those links multiple times but the problem is they reference actions that isn't clear how they can be accomplished, specifically it says export as a csv file. My concern with doing excel and then converting is that I expect that quickbooks is looking for a specific format…..

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you go to file → print, you get:

Click Print… and there is an option to export to csv:

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oops, that should have been File → Print <name of account>…

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wow - thanks @MHSwizzleStick - don't often go down that path for PRINT - but will now remember -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.