Quick pay failure

Options
On 20 May I payed my American Express bill using Quick Pay with a due date of 22 May. It was paid on 23 May! 1 day late! Why? This will cost me interest and penalties.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I doubt anybody will be able to tell you exactly why your payment posted 1 day late unless they had access to all the computers involved in processing the transaction.
    And you might want to post payments on business days only, not weekends or holidays

Usually there's a 3 days grace period before late fees or penalties are assessed.

As an alternative to using Quick Pay, may I recommend this:
    Logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future payments from your checking account. The biller's computer system will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transactions. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I’m no longer using quicken check pay or quick pay. I can’t trust it. It has cost me money and the potential to harm my credit rating.
This discussion has been closed.