Sync Does Not Work. Quicken is very slow

Options
wings9798
wings9798 Member ✭✭✭
I'm using Windows 1122H2 8 GB RAM; 170 GB free disk space.

I moved from 2017 to this subscription based version and the performance is terrible. I have one account to sync and it hangs every time then force close the program. I went to Edit Preferences Mobile Web and tried to reset the cloud data and it hangs and crashes the program.

Even entering data in a check register is slow. After putting in my password it takes 10-15 seconds for Quicken to load up and paint the screen.

What should I do to improve the performance?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @wings9798,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

However, after you have uninstalled and before you proceed with reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• wings9798
    wings9798 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I did do the uninstall and reinstall with tech Support. I tried to make a copy of files too with less data. My file goes back to 2006. I created and used a 2021 to 2023 file and also just a 2023 file. Each of the copies with shorter time periods are bigger in terms of file size than the bigger one. I was told my file was corrupt and need to start over. Has to be a way to troublehoot this. I did validate and did see anything other some old paychecks that said are going to an account that doesn;t exist
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

8GB RAM might not be enough to run WIndows 11 + Quicken + all your usual software products at the same time. Consider adding more RAM for improved performance.
    When looking at Windows Task Manager while Quicken is running, what is the xx% Memory usage? >80%?

Killing Quicken because it's running slow on your computer may damage your data file beyond repair.
    Killing Quicken while a Sync to cloud is running means you need to Reset Sync and start over.

1. Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
      AND
    2. do you actually use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web browser-based app?
      The Sync process has been suspected of a number of weird happenings with Quicken. Could your problem be caused by Sync?
      If you answer "yes" to the 1st question and "no" to the 2nd question, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.
      If you answer "yes" to both questions, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
      Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

How to reset Sync to Cloud
    • Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    • Sync your desktop file to the cloud
    • Now log back into your mobile app

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I'm using a Surface Pro 7 with 4G Ram, i3 processor and SSD w/Win 11. It takes about 10 seconds or a little longer sometimes to load a 134MB file. Your load time is normal.

If the move from 2017 to subscription is recent, you may consider restoring from a backup made before you upgraded. Otherwise, do the Copy as was recommended in your other post.

• wings9798
    wings9798 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did the copy.the data set it is 2023 only and it is larger thanmy 20 year file. How could that be. I upgraded my RAM to 12. No improvements. I think the file is corrupt. I AM syncing to mobile and web and would like to use the feature.

I've tried to reset the cloud but it hangs and doesn't complete. As soon as I moved to subscription Quicken ran slow. I was using it in onedrive and recently learned that was not a good idea.

This discussion has been closed.