My reconcile options are grayed out, how do I get it to work? (Q Mac)

Options
Kai63
Kai63 Member ✭✭

I'm not new to Quicken but new to the program on MacBook. I started a credit card account and intended to enter the last six months or so. The first month I entered everything was fine and I was able to reconcile that month. I've entered another six months or so but the reconcile options continue to be grayed out. Please help me fix this. Thanks!

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Most likely, you have selected a group account register in the sidebar rather than the individual account. If there's only one account in the group, this is easily done. If the group is collapsed, you won't see the individual account listed underneath it.

First thing to do is to click the three dot (…) icon at the top of the sidebar, then Expand All Sidebar Groups. Now look at the Credit Card group: do you see your individual account listed underneath? Click that and you should be able to reconcile.

Individual account groups can be expanded or collapsed by hovering over the group name. To the left of the group name, you will see either a > symbol (collapsed) or a v symbol (expanded). Click this to expand or collapse.

BTW, since you're now using QMac, you should probably change your community profile from QWin to QMac so that your posts don't get moved over to the QWin side of the forum.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Most likely, you have selected a group account register in the sidebar rather than the individual account. If there's only one account in the group, this is easily done. If the group is collapsed, you won't see the individual account listed underneath it.

First thing to do is to click the three dot (…) icon at the top of the sidebar, then Expand All Sidebar Groups. Now look at the Credit Card group: do you see your individual account listed underneath? Click that and you should be able to reconcile.

Individual account groups can be expanded or collapsed by hovering over the group name. To the left of the group name, you will see either a > symbol (collapsed) or a v symbol (expanded). Click this to expand or collapse.

BTW, since you're now using QMac, you should probably change your community profile from QWin to QMac so that your posts don't get moved over to the QWin side of the forum.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Kai63
    Kai63 Member ✭✭
    Options
    That was the problem which I’ve been able to fix. I’ve updated my profile. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.