US Bank Update; Incorrectly Adjusts Quicken Register for Future Transactions

Options
cthiel
cthiel Member ✭✭
I was finally able to successfully update the connection to US bank. For those of you who may have struggled with this update, the solution was to deactivate the accounts and then reactivate them from scratch. I was careful to make sure that the "link to existing" was correct, which is was.

However, the problem I am now experiencing is that every time I do an update the system enters a balance adjustment in the register for future transactions. That is, for payments that are scheduled for a future date. For example:
- Today is 5/27, and the balance is $1000.
- I have a payment in Quicken scheduled for 6/15 for $400, which would make my balance on 6/15 $600.
- When I do the update, an extraneous balance adjustment is automatically entered adding $400 offsetting the future payment and making the current balance $1,400 rather than $1000.

So the system is adjusting the register so that the future balance (including future payments) matches to current balance that US Bank has on record.

If I remove the future payment and update again, the balance is shown correctly.

Charlie
Tagged:

Comments

• cthiel
    cthiel Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
    [{"insert":"I was able to correct the error above.\n"}]
This discussion has been closed.