QDF won't validate: Damaged data record. Damaged data block.

Options

I found this now-closed thread and have the same problem as the OP. My QDF file gives the same error log every time.

Mine looks very similar (below). My backup from a month ago has the same issues, and I'm reluctant to do as @RGDid10t to go back even further and then try to export and import transactions in all my 30+ accounts.

1. Is this still the only answer? To Export and re-Import QIF files?
  2. Any chance Quicken would AUTOMATE the file-checking feature so that errors like this can be caught before weeks-and-months pass undetected?

Tom

My logfile:

[Fri May 26 09:20:54 2023]

File: "C:\Users\Tom\Quicken\Finances"

QDF:
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data block.
Damaged data block.
Damaged data block.
Damaged data block.
Damaged data block.
Damaged data block.
Damaged data block.
Validating your data.

QEL:
No read errors.

QEL:
All internal consistency checks passed.

[Fri May 26 09:21:05 2023]
Maximum security reference: 65, number of securities: 8.
No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

1) Is this still the only answer? To Export and re-Import QIF files?
    2) Any chance Quicken would AUTOMATE the file-checking feature so that errors like this can be caught before weeks-and-months pass undetected?

1. There have not been any new recovery methods announced. There is an existing "idea" marked "planned" since last August, but no progress visible to us users. A better status for that idea would be "in progress".
    2. Unlikely. As you know, validation takes time. We would all be annoyed to have that much of a time waster. It would be much better if the bugs which cause corruption in the first place were fixed (also unlikely based on history).

I'm sorry, but you are hosed and will have to see what you can do to recover. Good luck.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.