Booking a bill

Options

I have a bill for the month of May that was due on the 1st. But to ensure that it is received by the May 1 due date I had to pay it in April. I still logged this as a May 1 payment in Quicken but when I received my bank statement I could not mark that payment as Reconciled and actually have it disappear to make my bank statement and Quicken balance.

How do I do this in Quicken?? Help! [Edited-Readability]

Tagged:

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Quicken date does not need to be the official due date. I simply date my payments on the dates they're actually made. Do you have some budgetary or other record-keeping need to book payments on their due dates?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Dmenesses
    Dmenesses Member
    Options

I do have a monthly budget set up and want to keep that on track. If I, however, keep the April date (which is the date I used to Pay) then I can reconcile my bank statement but my bank statement is off. If, however, I try to use a May 1 date for the payment, I can't seem to reconcile my bank statement but my budget is accurate.

I can't figure this one out.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Dmenesses,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you are reconciling using statement balance rather than online balance, then the May 1st date may not show up if it is past the date range you are using for the reconcile. It sounds like you need that date to show 1 May for budget purposes though. Does changing the date, reconciling, then changing it back to 1 May work?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dmenesses
    Dmenesses Member
    Options

I'll have to try that to see if that works. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.