Reconciliation Issues? My account will not reconcile! Is there a bug??

Options
Land Shark
Land Shark Member

I just update my software with a new release to Quicken Premier for Mac Version 7.0.4 and am can't reconcile my account. My prior month was reconciled and matches the beginning balance for the month I am trying to reconcile. So I know I am starting with the correct number. After matching all of the transactions on my current month statement the # of Deposits and Amounts equals the amount on my statement. The # of Payments and Amounts equals the amount on my statement as well. However, the difference between the Statement Balance (which is self-reported) and the Quicken Balance is $1,373.84. I have cleared everything and tried reconciling over again 3 times with the same issue. I have had 3 people look at this and go through the transactions and all received the same results. I feel like this has to be a bug? Any ideas? Suggestions? Appreciate any and all assistance. Thank you.

Comments

• georgem7131
    georgem7131 Member
    Options

One of the most basic functions of Quicken is to reconcile registers. I have had the same problem since the update and talked to two representatives who did not understand how to reconcile a bank register and said there was no problem with Quicken. Had to speak to a supervisor who acknowledged the problem. My problem is with Bank of America accounts using Windows. This issue has been "escalated for resolution" but no solution after two weeks.

• Melanie Sherwood
    Melanie Sherwood Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I have the same issue it's not recognizing transfer from my bank account to my credit card account. I'm using quicken for mac. Same number of deposits, amounts and transactions. Not reconciling. Went to reconcilation history and all of a sudden accounts that had been reconciled 2 years ago are showing up with issues. It doesn't appear to like manual transfers and wants me to double enter transfers. I thought it was isolated to one account but it appears to be an issue with several accounts. I wish Quicken would acknowledge the issue.
  • MPCCA
    MPCCA Member
    Options

Same reconciliation issue with Bank of America using Quicken for Mac. Running latest Quicken version 7.1.1 on Mac OS 13.4.

Can verify each and every transaction on my checking account statement and match it to my Quicken checking register but Quicken reconciliation shows a big difference between Quicken Balance and Statement Balance and I have to add an Adjustment to finish the reconciliation process. Quicken has been acting very weird lately.

Not happy!

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Barefoot Dad
    Barefoot Dad Member ✭✭
    Options

macOS Monterey v12.6.1 — Quicken 7.1.1 (Build 701.49349.100)

I am having an issue reconciling with USAA since the last update which also seems to revolve around pending transactions (mentioned earlier).

I went to reconcile earlier this morning thinking I would "beat" the problem, but I had made a debit purchase somewhat late last night that was not included/added automatically to my register. The reconcile amount was negative for that amount. Out of seven pending transactions, It is the only transaction authorized yesterday and posted today.
    Authorized: June 15, 2023 — Posted: June 16, 2023

All other pending transactions have auth/post dates of June 15th or earlier.

The transaction from last night would typically NOT get downloaded to Quicken, and it didn't, but Quicken still counted it part of my online balance.

Hope this helps the developers fix the issue.

This discussion has been closed.