Autopayments for several accounts will change three months from now

Options
RWCR
RWCR Member ✭✭

I have received numerous notifications advising me that in three months time, my monthly autopayment will be increasing. I still have three more months to go until the change becomes effective. How then, do I (in this case) edit the autopayments for August so that from August on, the amounts shown will be correct AND how do I accomplish this without that process changing all my unpaid/uncleared payments for June and July? (note: at present, this is only possible if I wait until June and July payments have cleared as there is no option I am aware of that enables me to edit a future payment, some months in advance, with the heading "edit this and all future payments.) This is a recurring issue I've had since 1997 and I'm hoping someone knows a way around this or else that Quicken will enable such a process in the near future.

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you considered using multiple reminders? Set your current reminder to end with the July payment and create a second reminder that will start with the August payment.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait until the July payments have been posted to your registers, then go in and Edit this reminder and all its future instances to the new amount.

If you feel like you must make this change today, so you can see the new numbers in your budget for the remainder of the year … post the June and July payments early to your registers, then Edit the Reminder and all its future instances to the new amount.

• RWCR
    RWCR Member ✭✭
    Options

Many thanks, mshiggins and UKR for your replies. I do hope that at some future revision, Quicken will make it possible to update future events several months ahead of time. This would be a useful feature for those of us who are doing business with firms that raise their charges several times a year. Best wishes to you both.

This discussion has been closed.