Bills and Income Tab Freezes

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Bills and Income tab crashes.

Comments

• aabate7
    aabate7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the exact same issue that is 100% tied to an update & was not resolved with the next update last week. None of these suggestions have resolved the issue. Anytime I edit or try to enter or add a Bill/Income - Quicken freezes.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @aabate7,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Just to clarify, you said you are having the exact same issue, but the issue you describe looks different from the issue the original poster described. Is your Quicken crashing when you access the Bills & Income tab? When did this issue start? Is your Quicken file directly on the C drive, is it on a shared network drive, or is it synced with a cloud service?

Since you mentioned none of the above actions worked, could you tell me what happens when you click on any account to view the register? Are you encountering any crashing or freezing anywhere else in Quicken besides the Bills & Income tab? When you performed the Validate/Super Validate, did the results say anything was found? If so, did it also say it was repaired?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• aabate7
    aabate7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    When try to do anything with one of the memorized Bills & Income items - enter it, change it, add or remove something. Quicken freezes & I have to close it from Task Manager - which when restarted has usually recorded the action I was attempting. I usually sync my file to a cloud service, but I pulled it off over a week ago to test it & had the same problem with a C drive file.

I have no other issues navigating around Quicken. I can go in & out of Bills & Income and it will work without freezing as long as I don't try to add, edit or enter anything on the list.

The Validate/Super Validate found some very old (12 years) transactions that were linked to accounts that weren't in Quicken anymore & made a "changed them to indicate that the account was deleted". An invalid category type was corrected as well. There was no indication of any file repair.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Since you already tried validating/super validating, and that did not correct the issue, I would recommend restoring a backup from before the issue started and checking to see if the issue is resolved in the newly restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.