Citibank dump

Options
Longtime Quicken user here. Windows version 49.33
Just did an update with my Citibank accounts, which then dumped 1456 "unreconciled" transactions dating back over a year.
I had made no changes in anything on this side.
Do I have to manually delete each transaction which I long ago reconciled and balanced?
Any idea of what happened and what I should do about it?
Thanks.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Change the sort order of your register to Order Entered. This will put all the newly dumped transactions at the bottom.

Select the bottom-most transaction.

Scroll up until you reach the first newly dumped transaction. Shift-click it. This should select all the transactions you want to delete.

Press Ctrl-D to delete them all.

Restore your favorite sort order to the register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• cruciverbalist
    cruciverbalist Member ✭✭
    Options
    You can only do this if you accept all the redundant downloads first. Unfortunately, then, the redundant entries are mixed with the original good ones, and you cannot easily grab all those for delete in one fell swoop, as you suggest, at least not on my machine.
    The shift-click trick does not work in the "downloaded transactions": list - only able to do that one by one. I am down to about 1000 entries that are duplicated.
    Am I doing your suggestion wrongly?
    Any other thoughts?
    Thanks.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

Did you set the sort order to Order Entered? That "should" separate the new duplicates from your good transactions. You do have to accept the dups into the register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• cruciverbalist
    cruciverbalist Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have re-ordered the entries both ways - newest and oldest. It does not let you sort by cleared/reconciled, even in the reconciliation screen. And you still cannot delete multiple entries in the reconciliation window - still need to do it one by one.
    I would rather not add over 1,000 wrong entries first in order to get rid of them later. Not sure what that would do to the underlying files.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited May 2023
    Options

I am advising you to literally sort by Order Entered in the register after accepting the dups. See:

• cruciverbalist
    cruciverbalist Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your clear suggestion. However, the options to sort in stock portfolios are different from those in banking. See photos. The option to sort by order entered does not appear to be available in a stock portfolio.
This discussion has been closed.