Business Tags not being saved on Invoice (edit)

When I add a Business Tag to an Invoice, it's not saving. I have to go back in, add the tag again, save it again and then it remains. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The Business Tag in my New Customer Invoice dialog, Business Tag field, is properly memorized across Quicken sessions.
    Is the tag value you are using a true Business Tag, as defined in Managing Business Information, or is it another tag, defined elsewhere?

What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

• I'm using Quicken Home, Business, and Rental in the US and is active.

• It is set up in Manage Business Information

• What I have noticed this morning is that my Vendor Bills does not have this same problem. The business tag is remaining after the bill is saved. I have closed out and restarted and everything I recently put in the last two weeks of May are reverting back and I had to change them again this morning.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• Nothing worked. What I noticed was, I added info from last year, a few weeks ago. I added info from mid Feb 22 through Dec 22. Then I started looking into adding additional businesses using the Tag. I had always used 1 tag prior for just the one business. When I started all of that, everything I had entered for last year, the tag had to be re-entered for all of that info that I had just entered. I thought that originally, maybe I forgot to add it, but that is not the case. The tag is already there, I just need to change it if necessary. If I back up to prior all of those entries, I will lose all of that data correct?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have more than one business defined in Manage Business Information, did you mark one of the businesses as "Default Business"?

If I back up to prior all of those entries, I will lose all of that data correct?

Don't restore from an old backup unless you're willing to reenter everything you did since that backup was created.

• Yes, a default business is marked, which is the main one. I only have one entry for the second business thus far because I cant figure out what's wrong.

• I was hoping to be able to see everything from one screen. The businesses all function together. 3 entities are the suppliers of another. I guess I could save myself all this hassle and start separate files, but I feel like I shouldn't have to do that. I have tried different ways of entry, for instance clearing the business tag, and then adding it before I saved it, and also tried different invoice layouts.

This discussion has been closed.