Rocket Mortgage Loan Servicing Being Transferred to Chase

Options
shelquis
shelquis Member ✭✭✭

Effective 6/1/2023 my Rocket Mortgage Loan is transferring to Chase. I'll get a new account number, but no terms of the loan are changed. I assume I should just edit my Quicken account to change the Financial Institution, account number and online services info of my present Rocket Mortgage account. Is that correct?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @shelquis,

Yes, that is the approach that I would likely use if I were in your situation. Here are the steps that I'd recommend:

1. make sure that you make a good backup of your Q datafile;
    2. deactivate online services for the currrent Rocket Mortgage account;
    3. then delete all administrative data for the old loan (account name, financial institution, account number, etc. - but not any transactions)
    4. replace the administrative data in step 3) above with the new Chase data;
    5. connect the mortgage account in Quicken to Chase (assuming that you want to download transactions for the new mortgage).

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• shelquis
    shelquis Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Frankx, I appreciate your prompt reply and for your elaboration of the details of the process. Thank you very much.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @shelquis,

Yes, that is the approach that I would likely use if I were in your situation. Here are the steps that I'd recommend:

1. make sure that you make a good backup of your Q datafile;
    2. deactivate online services for the currrent Rocket Mortgage account;
    3. then delete all administrative data for the old loan (account name, financial institution, account number, etc. - but not any transactions)
    4. replace the administrative data in step 3) above with the new Chase data;
    5. connect the mortgage account in Quicken to Chase (assuming that you want to download transactions for the new mortgage).

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• shelquis
    shelquis Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Frankx, I appreciate your prompt reply and for your elaboration of the details of the process. Thank you very much.

This discussion has been closed.