Citi CC - Direct Connect works fine - EWC does not (edit)

Options
Ron Varley
Ron Varley Member ✭✭

I have two credit card accounts with Citi, one is Mastercard and the other is Visa. Both use the same log in credentials and are set up in Quicken as two separate accounts. One uses Direct Connect which works fine and the other uses Express Web Connect which does not work fine. I have to keep resetting the account in order to get transaction downloads. Also the Express Web connection is very slow. It is so slow that sometimes when am downloading account updates for all my accounts using the Update Now button, that Express Web Connect account seems to time out and does not download any transactions. I either have to reset the account or post the transactions manually, which can be time-consuming.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Ron Varley,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Before you begin, first, please save a backup of your Quicken file (just in case). Then deactivate the Citi credit card account that is currently set up with Express Web Connect. From there, navigate to Tools > Add Account and select Citi Cards. Then, click Advanced Options.

On the following screen, select Direct Connect and click Next.

Follow the prompts to link your accounts. You can also review this FAQ for more information.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ron Varley
    Ron Varley Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, that fixed it for me.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

@Ron Varley Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. 🙂

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.