Continued Linked checking account annoyances

Options
Carlos Ferreira
Carlos Ferreira Member ✭✭✭
Like Jeff Bean (see closed discussion with similar title he started) I have a Fidelity Cash Management checking account that is treated by Quicken as a checking account linked to a zeroed investment account. I do not like this arrangement but can live with it if it worked reasonably well, which is not the case. In particular the following issues are a real problem and I would appreciate any advice that may help me to overcome them:

(a) I have setup the Online Services for the linked investment account with Automatic Entry Off. To me this appears to be the best way to oversee all transactions and accept each one after good consideration. Right now Quicken is ignoring the Online Services setting and automatically processing all transactions into the registry.

(b) Somewhat linked to the previous issue the helpful red flag indicating that new transactions are to be posted to the account disappears as soon as the update is finalized. This is really bad because the flag it is important and that is why it is used in all other checking accounts.

(c) The Update Cash Balance action appears to be available but instead of displaying the useful information we get for all investment accounts all we get is a message indicating that updating the cash balance has to be done at the linked checking account, which is fair and correct. But the problem is that there is no such action available at the linked checking account. This action is a valuable source of information for the online balance needed to reconcile the account. I am quite sure the information is reported by Fidelity and is just being ignored.

Again, any advice on how to oversome these issues would be most appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.