Quicken Mac 7.1 has been released!

Options
Quicken Bree
Quicken Bree Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta Beta

We have started to roll out Quicken for Mac (7.1)!

You can get the latest Quicken build by clicking "Check for Updates" under the Quicken menu.

Thank you for your help and support.

Best Regards,

The Quicken for Mac Team

Please take a moment to review the summary and try the new features in the product. 

Charting

Improved - Added a “tip” to the Holdings investment dashboard card to show

Change in price since previous day’s closing price as a $ amount

Change in price since previous day’s closing price as a percentage

Bills & Income

Improved - The link in the Schedule column now takes you to the Transaction Details sheet instead of the register

New - Amount due this month is now shown in addition to the total amount for insurance premium eBills

Connection Status window

Improved - Updated UI to make it easier to view accounts in the Successful Connections section

Reports

Improved - Expand and collapse view options that were supported in legacy reports have been added to new reports (e.g. View > Summary of All Items and Top-level Items Only)

Other changes

New - Link to the Learning Center is available via the Help menu

New - CAD currency is used when creating accounts of Canadian-only types

Improved - Can now sort Tags list by Color, Description, or Status

System requirements
UPDATED - Quicken v7.0 requires macOS 10.15 (Catalina) or higher

Thank you!

Quicken Bree

Comments

• Creator1933
    Creator1933 Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Unable to connect to E*TRADE.

• david.vh
    david.vh Mac Beta, Canada Beta Beta
    Options

Initially I could not connect to one ScotiaMcleod account.

After several attempts I was prompted to enter my password and connect to each one.

Accounts which support detailed tracking were auto-selected; those which support simple tracking were not.

In the end everything is working properly and as expected again.

• Garfish
    Garfish Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have had nothing but problems with V7.1. It no longer lists my bank PSCCU in it's list so can't update online or manually
  • Peter P
    Peter P Member ✭✭
    Options

Loaded 7.1 and my account file disappeared and was not able to find it on my computer to reinstall.

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Options
    Updated to 7.1, working ok so far. I just wanted to point out an issue with split transactions and tags. For some reason, split transactions that are upcoming, the tags would never save for unclear reason and I have to re-enter the tags when that transaction is deposited. please allow tags to be saved on planned transactions!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@nothingclever I'm not able to reproduce what you describe. I created a new monthly scheduled transaction with two splits, each with a new tag. I posted several months of the transaction, and the split is unchanged and complete with the tags.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    edited June 2023
    Options

I've come across a bug when trying to delete a transaction with a split. Here's a simple transaction I created manually:

I saved this transaction and then wanted to delete it. Note there is no transfer involved. Yet when I click on the transaction to delete it, I get this pop-up dialog warning:

Well that's weird! There is no transfer involved in this transaction. So why is Quicken warning that a transfer to another account will be impacted if I delete the transaction? 

I've repeated this with multiple transactions. Those without splits delete as expected; those with a split come up with this incorrect warning. I've tested this in version 7.1.0 and 7.1.1.

Can anyone explain it?

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since updating to 7.1.1 my view settings in Investing are not sticking. Something similar happened with a previous update and the bug was acknowledged (but not affecting every user) and fixed. This time the graph keeps reappearing AND Securities view keeps reverting from By Type to By Security.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I have the graph issue always reappearing in Portfolio view of my brokerage accounts

I do not use graph, so it is bothering that they alway reappear even if I close them all

• Blava
    Blava Member ✭✭
    Options

7.1 introduced bug where in the next scheduled loan payment the principal and interest values are assigned from scheduled payment after that and skips the proper values. That incorrectly reports amortization schedule as 1 month short in remaining payments. There is no way to correct this …

• Shing
    Shing Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I have noticed similar behavior with my mortgage. The principal and interest amounts in the payment schedule are off.

• Blava
    Blava Member ✭✭
    Options

I would suggest to everybody who encounters this to report it. I have done extensive troubleshooting and everything points to a bug introduced in 7.1 version. By the way it's still there in 7.1.1.

I had a chat with higher up in the help department where we exported all the data in to a new file with no results. He confirmed that there are the reports about this and he said that he he is filing it as well. There is a hoping that it'll get addressed in a future releases …

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Anybody figure out a fix yet? I reported it to Quicken.

• Blava
    Blava Member ✭✭
    Options

Came back to see if there are any new reports and realized that I should mention that a bug mention above appears in mortgage (loan) setup. Auto loan seems to work fine, with its own quirks, although that is the discussion for another thread. Here as well is a better description of the problem, coppied from Bill in another Mac forum thread:t

"The next payment shown in amortization schedule and scheduled payments (August 1) is actually the amount due for September 1. The correct amount that should be due August 1 is skipped as if already paid, and what should be due on September 1 is shown as due on August 1."

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This problem is not fixed in latest update, QuickenMac 7.1.2

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Bree or anyone else from quicken comment on what bug fixes were made in the new update?

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still not fixed in QuickenMac 7.2

• Blava
    Blava Member ✭✭
    Options

… not fixed in 7.2.1

• Dale Ross
    Dale Ross Member ✭✭
    Options

How do I change account names in this latest version ?

It no longer will save changes. Reverts back to old name after next account download update.

Dale Ross

• Blava
    Blava Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken is in 7.3.2 version yet loan amortization that got broken with v 7.1 is still just that, broken. Does anybody care? Developers? Anybody? Hallo …

Ivan.

• jacobs
    Options

@Blava This site is not Quicken Support; it's a user forum. The developers aren't reading posts here. I understand your frustration, but your best action may be to circle back to talk with Quicken Support, even though you've done so in the past, to see if the loan issue that's affecting you is a known issue which has a bug number in their database —and if not, to try again to get it reported. I have seen a few scattered posts about loan schedules being a month ahead, but it doesn't appear to be a universal or widespread problem.

• Blava
    Blava Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs Dude you are sooo funny …

• jacobs
    Options

@Blava Funny? I was trying to offer practical advice — advice you’re free to take or ignore. There’s no reason to put down someone trying to offer you assistance.

• AlG1
    AlG1 Member
    Options

has anyone had a problem with the program crashing after the last update?

Mine did and lost years of data.

• AlG1
    AlG1 Member
    Options

oh and the advise I got from support was, install your backup and reload the latest data…duh!

• Blava
    Blava Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs. Yes, funny, that is all. I have not even remotely tried to put you down. I just find your reply funny as in being amusing. First you assume that I was frustrated, then you go on to mansplain and finish strong with concluding that it doesn't appear to be a universal or widespread problem.

I find it even more amusing/funny that you think you are offering "practical advice" and "assistance".

• jacobs
    Options

@Blava said: "Yes, funny, that is all. I have not even remotely tried to put you down. I just find your reply funny as in being amusing."

Okay, so I tried to offer you serious suggestions for an issue you were seeking help with. Your reply several times now is that I was "funny" and "amusing".

Then you said: "First you assume that I was frustrated…" I was replying to your post in which you wrote: "Does anybody care? Developers? Anybody? Hallo …" Yes, that sounded to me like you were frustrated. You weren't?

Then you say: "I find it even more amusing/funny that you think you are offering 'practical advice' and 'assistance'."

Those replies sure sound like put downs of my sincere effort to help you. Well, at least I apparently delivered you amusement.

Since you find me alternately amusing and a mansplainer, you don't find my efforts helpful. Fair enough; I'll bow out. Best wishes in getting your issues addressed.