Quicken changed the Opening Balance (QWIN)

Options
2»

Answers

• Reluctant Manager
    Options

As a relatively new user and experiencing the same inability to reconcile, it's beyond frustrating! Is there a way to find changed transactions?

• Reluctant Manager
    Options

Also, I am confused about the usefulness of noting the "opening balance" monthly or quarterly - how do you apply the adjustment to correct the balance problem? How does this or a "balance adjustment" that was applied by quicken on a reconciliation affect your accounting? I want to keep accurate records for tax purposes!

• Matthew
    Matthew Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Quicken just modified a 2017 opening balance on a BOA credit card today. It's odd. Today Quicken downloaded a CC transaction that posted about 1 month ago (7/25/2023), but never downloaded it until today - AFTER I reset the account. The transaction was a Best Buy refund that posted 7/25/2023 and never downloaded until today 8/23/2023. The original purchase has NEVER downloaded to Quicken but posted at BOA 7/21/2023.

So I'm missing the purchase transaction, which is why Quicken modified my opening balance by the same amount so that the account would reconcile. My Quicken Premier for Windows is the up to date current version.

This is a problem they need to address.

This discussion has been closed.