Recurring auto-entry paycheck unable to delete

Options
garrickhall74
garrickhall74 Member ✭✭

I have a recurring paycheck transaction, which was never set up for auto-entry, but for the past couple years has auto-entered. I cannot find anywhere that has a recurring auto-entry transaction, I have deleted/stopped linking/merging with online/mobile, but that transaction still appears every two weeks. Is there any backdoor way to search for this to delete it?

Tagged:

Answers

• Duglas s.
    Duglas s. Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I am not sure. but like my first point is that you should have a quicken subscription if you have it, let me tell you that you can try to delete it again and make a backup with the new information where you deleted it, after sing out and sing in and wait to check if the paycheck transaction was deleted. if does not answer your question try to contact quicken support because if you have a subscription they can see how to help you.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@garrickhall74 have you tried Tools | Manage Bill and Income Reminders?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• David20
    David20 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This has been happening to me too, and I can’t seem to find any way to fix it. I deleted all recurring paychecks from the manage income reminders. I did this because there is some kind of corruption which is messing up my paycheck each time.

I instead tried copying and pasting the last paycheck transaction and then editing those split lines instead. This works but then when paycheck time comes around, a new paycheck shows up with values seemingly matching those from years ago.

I guess copying and pasting a paycheck may not be supported. But I can’t seem to use the paycheck wizard to setup a new paycheck either. I put in the values I want but they do not stay that way. They get corrupted every time. Very very frustrating!
  • garrickhall74
    garrickhall74 Member ✭✭
    Options

I do have a subscription, however I have deleted this transaction, and created a completely new transaction. the old transaction still shows up after performing a one-step-update on the posting date. Before I did the above, I would get two copies of the same transaction. one that I completed entering from the paycheck reminder entry, and another that is this phantom transaction. After deleting the reminder entry, and creating a new one from scratch using the paycheck wizard, it only shows the new one in the reminder list, but still creates the old one (with the old name, amounts, etc) that I cannot find anywhere else.

As I noted above, the incorrect automatic transaction does not list in the reminders tab, as it was deleted ~2 months ago. I have performed a few validate and repair operations. The logs all look similar to the below, but nothing seems to get "fixed" that I can find.

QDF:
    Damaged data record.
    Damaged data record.
    Damaged data record.
    Damaged data record.
    Damaged data record.
    Damaged data record.
    Damaged data record.
    Damaged data record.
    Validating your data.
    Quicken repaired some transaction information. No action required.
    "Tax Impact of 401(k) Accounts" 12/24/2008 "Track 401(k) contributions for tax planning"
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Fri Jun 02 14:13:39 2023]
    3 scheduled transactions corrected
    Maximum security reference: 81, number of securities: 81.
    Added missing category: Auto:Loan
    Added missing category: Auto:Loan

[Fri Jun 02 16:24:55 2023]
    Rebuilt investing lots.
    Analyzing securities.

Number of old style Buy/Cash/Transfer investment transactions updated: 22/0/0
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@garrickhall74 are you using Q mobile or syncing to the Quicken cloud? The bad reminder could be stored there. I would try turning off mobile sync and see if that stops the next occurrence of the bad paycheck showing up.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jeremy Kruse
    Jeremy Kruse Member ✭✭
    Options
    You can copy a paycheck transaction in your register and paste it back into the register. Just change the transaction date after you paste the transaction before you save it. You can edit the new transaction if you need to change anything. The option to copy a transaction is in the pop-up menu when you right click on an existing transaction.
This discussion has been closed.