Saving goals and register don't balance

Options
Divemaster
Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭

Have checking account with one saving goal. Here is an example of issue I am wondering about. I have the check register marked to "show savings goals in register……." So when I add the saving goal (shown on right side of home page) to the what the check register shows, I get for example $1,500.00. Check register shows $500 and saving goal shows $1,000.

If I un-check the "show saving goals in register…." box, they should balance and the register should now show $1,500, but it don't. It shows a lesser amount of $1,200. This doesn't seem right.

I got to on line bank and I balance with the lesser amount of $1,200 that is shown without the box checked to show saving goals in register. Also, I always balance when reconciliation with bank statements.

Am I wrong when box is checked, shouldn't the register amount and saving goals add up to what is shown when box is not checked? This is with just one saving goal.

Have same problem with account with 3 saving goals.

Comments

• Evelyn Bunton
    Evelyn Bunton Member ✭✭
    Options

The 'Show Savings Goal' doesn't work to show/hide the SG transactions in the register. I was using Savings Goals to Plan and that functionality seems to have changed significantly, i.e., it has no effect on the register. Has there been a change to the way the Savings Goal are set up. It looks like it changed somewhere around March, 2023. The new functionality makes it impossible to 'rathole' money to save for a specific purpose, as well as making reconciliation a pain.

This discussion has been closed.