Problems with TIAA accounts

I have had the TIAA accounts for me and my wife connected to Quicken for about 9 years now, but in the past month or so I've had some recurring weirdness, mostly with both our accounts getting locked and then we have to reset our passwords. I'm not sure if the problem is with TIAA or Quicken, so I thought I'd start here.

I'm using Quicken Version 7.1.0 (Build 701.49333.100) on an iMac running macOS 13.4. We both use strong passwords and have 2FA enabled on our TIAA accounts.

We each have two 403(b) accounts, one with our employer's contributions and the other with our voluntary contributions. The problems started on April 25th (I know the date because I use a password manager that keeps track of our password history) and since then we've had to reset the password on our accounts 6 times. Sometimes it happens after a few days, other times it has gone as long as two weeks. I can understand if a malicious party was trying to access one of our accounts causing it to lock but both of our accounts at the same time doesn't seem likely.

I update all my accounts in Quicken every few days. Sometimes I'll remember to log into my TIAA account before I download transactions in Quicken, but I don't always remember to do that. It's difficult to tell if downloading our transactions is what's causing our accounts to be locked.

And just in the past couple of weeks, another weirdness has developed, but only with my wife's accounts. Instead of the two accounts that we see when we log into her TIAA account, Quicken now says it's downloading information from six separate accounts. Two of those accounts have a balance of 0, and now the total doesn't add up to what we see in the TIAA website. We haven't made any changes to our accounts lately, so I'm not sure what's caused this latest issue.

I'm wondering if I should delete our TIAA accounts and start again. Any insight anyone could provide would be helpful.

This discussion has been closed.