Bank Of America

Options

Quicken, Please update Bank Of America users the issues with Bank Of America. I realize most issues for the past 8 months are not Q's issues but please be upfront as to what is going on with BOA. We as user should be informed if BOA is still a bank that is compatible with Quicken.

Comments

• RAWassermanPhD
    Options

Agreed - PLEASE fix the B of A issue - this is ridiculous - multiple re-authentications that show successful connection and yet still won't connect - won't update - it's been like this for 2 weeks.

• Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

good luck trying to get Q to give any status updates on BOA.

• ihart
    ihart Windows Beta Beta
    Options

How about contact information at BOA so customers can contact them and demand a resolution.

• Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

never happen Q for some reason will not put BOA on the spot.

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Robert Ralyea - so I talked to the Office of the President (OOP) recently related to BofA issues (the pending transaction issue specfically).

first, I do not believe Quicken does an adequate job monitoring the community board for issues (If I was in the OOP, I'd monitor and resolve each and every issue from Chase, BofA, Wells and Citi). Nor does it appear that the Help desk escalates issues related to BofA either.

However, the OOP will follow up with you if you contact them.

In my conversation earlier this week, I come to find out Quicken will not post an Alert on these boards until a firm (whether that is an FI or Quicken) takes responsbility for 'root cause'. They are not going to put their business client 'on the spot' publically until their business partner accepts responsibility for the issue. What you like to see that puts BofA "on the spot"?

Further, this is not like 25 years ago. QUicken simply does not have a lot of leverage with these large FIs to get them to fix issues that the FIs are responsible for. Years ago, it was very different. Banks really don't have a lot of interest having customers connect through 3rd parties - too much risk of fraud. THey would prefer their customers connect directly at the website or phone app - they can better control the risks of fraud that way.

The re-authentication issue relate to risk mitigants implemented by BoA - that wasn't a Q decision. The issue with the pending transactions is a BofA issue as well.

@ihart - if you want to contact BofA, use the 800 number on the back of your debit or credit card. As you know, BofA is a rather large company and navigating from the outside is quite the challenge (I should know, I worked there for many years and navigating from the inside was a challenge as well!). Have you called Quicken support to assess root cause? Set up a test file and connect to BofA and download your transactions. If it works consistently, then it's your Q data file. if it doesn't work consistently, it's a connectivity issue that Support can help troubleshoot.

This discussion has been closed.