How can I initiate the US Bank reauthorization when no pop-up happens?

Options

I am not getting the pop-up to reauthorize my US Bank accounts. I've tried Chrome and Edge with PU Blockers set to off. My Quicken says my accounts are registered for PFM Direct Connect. When I try to update my accounts in Quicken it connects to PFM Direct and completes the task saying it updated four accounts but of course no transactions were downloaded. Thoughts?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Scott Glatstein,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you are not getting the prompt when going through the One Step Update process and you are not getting any error messages, then I would recommend you try resetting the accounts. First, make a backup of your Quicken file. Then, go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to one of the affected accounts, select the Online Services tab, and click the Reset Account button.

When you reset, it should give you a screen that looks like the sample image below:

Follow the prompts to authorize through US Bank. When you finish authorizing, you should get a Success screen on the US Bank website.

When you see that screen, you can close the browser window and go back to your Quicken. Quicken should load the Add/Link screen. Do not click the Next button until you have reviewed to make sure your accounts are linking to the correct nicknames in Quicken. If it says add instead of link, you may end up with duplicate accounts.

If resetting the account(s) does not bring you to the screen prompting you to click the Sign in button to reauthorize your accounts, then you will need to deactivate your accounts with US Bank then reconnect them by going to Tools>Add Account, and follow the prompts.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Scott Glatstein,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you are not getting the prompt when going through the One Step Update process and you are not getting any error messages, then I would recommend you try resetting the accounts. First, make a backup of your Quicken file. Then, go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to one of the affected accounts, select the Online Services tab, and click the Reset Account button.

When you reset, it should give you a screen that looks like the sample image below:

Follow the prompts to authorize through US Bank. When you finish authorizing, you should get a Success screen on the US Bank website.

When you see that screen, you can close the browser window and go back to your Quicken. Quicken should load the Add/Link screen. Do not click the Next button until you have reviewed to make sure your accounts are linking to the correct nicknames in Quicken. If it says add instead of link, you may end up with duplicate accounts.

If resetting the account(s) does not bring you to the screen prompting you to click the Sign in button to reauthorize your accounts, then you will need to deactivate your accounts with US Bank then reconnect them by going to Tools>Add Account, and follow the prompts.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Scott Glatstein
    Options

Thanks Kristina! Some of your screenshots didn't match my version of the software but I muddled through. In the end I had to deactivate and reauthorize. That seems to have worked. I'm getting transactions downloaded so I did establish a connection. I'm not sure if Bill Pay will work but that's for another day. Thanks again!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear you were able to connect and download your transactions.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.