Quicken changing Securities

Options
JOHN PERRELLA
JOHN PERRELLA Member ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Every Saturday I reconcile my Quicken account to my various Schwab accounts. Today it happened for at least the second time. Quicken is changing some of my security names and changing historical purchases and the security that paid the Dividends. How can this be stopped.

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Some more info would be helpful.

Did any of those securities actually change their corporate name?

If the securities originally were downloaded into your account ("Add" or "Buy" transactions) via a Schwab download… did you ever manually change their names in the Securities list? The securities are identified by CUSIP numbers and/or ticker symbols and I would hope that a download would reset the name to the 'official' name.

Maybe you can enter an example for one of the affected securities, showing what it was (including a historical purchase/dividend) before and after the update?

(Personally, I've never had any mysterious changes to my Schwab account holdings.)

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2023
    Options

[deleted - thread has been moved by moderator]

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• JOHN PERRELLA
    JOHN PERRELLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    Both the accounts are with Schwab with one being a Roth IRA and the other a regular account. The two investments are REITS, FS CREDIT REAL ESTATE INCOME TRUST, INC CLASS M and COTTONWOOD COMMUNITIES CLASS I. I am in te wrong forum. Do not use the forum very much. Moving to Quicken Windows Forum.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @JOHN PERRELLA,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. There is no need to repost on the Windows side; I moved your posts there for you.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.