Transaction attachments

Options
xpilotwon
xpilotwon Member ✭✭

Since the last update the transaction attachments have been poor at best. Not only did the format change but the indicating paperclip that shows an attachment is present does not always appear. Deleting the attachment and repeating the attaching process usually corrects the error. Personally I think the old method was better all the way around. I don't see the new format as an improvement. Am I missing something?

Comments

• linda
    linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also having a similar problem with attachments, except I cannot delete attachments either.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @xpilotwon and @linda,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this issue affecting only new attachments you are adding, or has it also caused the paperclip icon to disappear from transactions that already had attachments? Does this happen when you are uploading attachments directly from a scanner, when you are attaching files that were already stored on your computer, or both?

@linda, what is happening when you try to delete attachments? Does this happen with all attachments, or only ones you've uploaded since the update to Quicken?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• linda
    linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don't think it caused the paperclip to disappear from older attachments. I generally upload PDFs that are stored on my computer.
    When I attempt to delete an attachment and click on the 3 dots in the upper right, I see all the options: View/Open, Export..., Delete. When I move my curser over the options to select one of them, the choices disappear and only the option I am hovering over is visible and highlighted in blue; however, Delete is not highlighted in blue. When I click it, nothing happens. I have not been able to delete any attachments. I did copy my data file and ran validate on it, but it didn't help.

Here are a few attachments that I checked just now:
    *Attachment added April 24—paperclip is visible, attachment is present. Delete appeared to work, but when I clicked the paperclip again top open the modal, the attachment was still present and could not be deleted.
    *Attachment added May 2—paperclip is visible, attachment is present. Cannot delete.
    *Attachment added May 21—paperclip is visible, attachment is present. Cannot delete.
    *Attachment added May 23—no visible paperclip, attachment is present. Cannot delete.
    *Attachment added June 5—paperclip is visible, attachment is present. Cannot delete.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When did you first notice this issue? Do you have cloud sync turned on? You can check that by going to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web.

Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• linda
    linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    I first noticed the issue shortly after the update where the attachment process was changed. Cloud sync has been turned off for a very long time. My C drive (SSD) is for OS startup, so my data files are on my D drive, specifically D:\linda\Documents\Quicken. My file is not synced with One Drive or Dropbox. It is backed up to the cloud with iDrive.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-6781)

Quicken Kristina

• linda
    linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just noticed another issue that may be related. I copied and pasted a transaction that previously had an attachment. After changing the date and saving the new transaction, the old attachment was still there and could not be deleted. Before the attachment process changed, the old attachment would disappear upon saving.
  • Tractorboyflys
    Tractorboyflys Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have an issue with attachments since recent updates. When I select a downloaded transaction and enter a category and write a memo, then before I accept, I attempt to add an attachment, the entire entry disappears. So my work around is to accept the transaction and then go back to it and add the attachment. Very frustrating.

• Rob Applin
    Rob Applin Member ✭✭
    Options

This issue has been going on now for some time. Keeps getting lip service but nothing is being done. Just put it back the way it was in version 48.xx It's a real problem for the customers who use it but Quicken doesn't seem to care, they just keep posting useless updates that don't address real issues.

• Tractorboyflys
    Tractorboyflys Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank You, I have been using Quicken since the DOS days. While QW should make my life easier, I find myself spending hours fixing errors that have creeped into my data, especially investments. I wish the QW maintenance team would spend more time fixing investment functions. One in particular is buying and selling bonds. I am no enamored with the mobile and find it more trouble than it's worth.

This discussion has been closed.